Welcome! This is an edition of Friday Fave Five, a weekly event focused on thankfulness for the little things in our lives. Susanne hosts FFF on her blog Living To Tell The Story. Click on the link to go over there and see what it's all about.
I sprained my left ankle. It swelled remarkably. It turned purple. But there is a silver lining in this purple cloud of pain. How could I be thankful for a sprained ankle? Let me count the ways!
1. I stayed home most of the week and when I did venture out I was 'dropped at the door' by thoughtful drivers so the distance I limped was shorter.
2. Other people did the driving.
3. Because three adult children were around over the weekend, I didn't do any dishes.
4. I am certainly glad that before any of my children left for college and adulthood, I made sure they knew how to do laundry, clean and cook. The Grad Student has turned in to a passable cook. He's actually quite good, but I don't want to brag here. One evening he cooked up an excellent curried lentil soup. Another night, the main course was vegetarian curry with coconut milk. He also cleaned up after dinner.
5. Because I sat around the house with my foot elevated, resting on an ice pack, I put in a lot of hours on school preparation. The year's lesson plans are finished. Of course, teachers all know that plans are tweaked as we go, but my basic outlines for the writing classes I'll be teaching are ready to scroll.
*6. I've learned the value of ice packs (see #4) for swelling and have become acquainted with the benefits of ace bandages.
*7. I do not take my ability to walk for granted anymore. I appreciate every step!
I'm pleased to report that although I won't be running in any 5K races this weekend, I am up and around and even able to stand and photocopy my completed lessons.
What are you thankful for this week?
*bonus points :)