How was your week? Can you even watch the news any more? I take a deep breath and focus and CHOOSE to be thankful, to not take life and beauty for granted. Friday Fave Fives helps me do that. Thanks to Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for providing this venue each week.
1. After almost completely ignoring my garden for the past several months, this week I have been able to spend a bit of time out there. This is what I found. The first California Poppy is blooming in my garden!
The lavender and Point Sal sage are growing chummy and attracting the honeybees.
2. I have been knitting through several skeins of wool yarn. Around here in SoCal, people don't wear wool. It's too hot. So this yarn is being made into hats to give away. I'm almost done. Eleven more hats finished. The fave is really double--I use up my stash and I can bless other people.
3. Lent began this week. It had kind of sneaked up on me, and I wasn't prepared. Usually I choose something to 'give up', to focus my attention somewhere. On Thursday, I was still pondering it when I had an interaction that brought everything together. A young man who lives on the other side of the world and who I have never met in person has been part of our lives for more than ten years because we sponsored him through secondary and technical school in his home country. Now he lives a long way away and keeps in contact with people through our amazing world wide access to social media and other internet venues. My communication with him deeply touched my 'mother's heart' and I immediately realized that my Lenten focus is supposed to be increasing my prayer times for my children and grandchildren, including this grown up orphan who is making his own way in the world. Having found an unused notebook, I decided to write the Bible verses which I am praying for them. I am overwhelmed with gratitude that I can do this small thing for the children of my heart.
4. I know that I have mentioned my TA and how much I enjoy her. But she just keeps on blessing me each week with her attitude, her conversations, her talent in helping in class. How can you not love a coworker who enters the room and exclaims, "I'm so happy to be here this morning!" And she brought me a scone and an Americano.
5. A little love from Phoenix showed up in my messages.
So that was Willow's Week! So full of blessings!