Friday, April 21, 2017

Fave Fives on the Go

Friday night! Yikes! I'm late for writing up my Fave Fives! What happened?  Well, remember that last week I mentioned planning a trip to visit kids?  I flew across the US on Tuesday and have been catching up with jet lag since then.  But I am still thankful for so much!

1.  A long lunch with a dear friend.  Just to catch up before I left.  And the view was pretty good too.

Channel Islands Harbor


2.  Easter Sunday service.  It was a wonderful time to celebrate our Savior's resurrection.

3.  A safe flight.  One fun fact is that I was sitting next to a woman who shares a mutual friend with me!  Talk about a small world!

4.  The flora here on this side of the US is different, and I'm enjoying watching the trees (eastern redbud? and dogwood?) in bloom across the street from my daughter's home.  Also, these little gems are blooming in the back yard grass.  I love them!

When I was a child in Oregon, we called these buttercups.


Violets!


Do you see the bee that photobombed this picture?
(bottom left corner)


I know people think dandelions are a weed, but I think they're cute and useful.


These are (I think) Virginia bluebells.  I had to look up some pictures to compare.


5.  I have loved seeing how my daughter is blooming here in her chosen home.   Lunch with co workers.  Coffee at the local indie coffee place where the baristas know her by name.  Even the people at the grocery store say hi.

I will be on the go a lot for the next two weeks while I'm visiting.  I think the New Boy and I will be doing some fun things.  Like playing chess, for example.  And stacking up memories.

9 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you were able to go visit family. Enjoy your time together and have a great week! I love the flower pictures.

ellen b said...

Yippee for a visit with new boy and your daughter. So glad you could fly out! Blessings.

Kari said...

Hi there Willow,
thanks for visiting me again.

I know that feeling of seeing our kids thrive in the places that they've chosen to live, by themselves.
your flowers are so pretty and lunch with friends is always good for the soul.

Wendy said...

Lovely photos. Have a great family visit.

Barbara H. said...

How fun! So glad you're able to visit your daughter and her family. Glad you had a safe trip - how neat to find a friend of a friend on the flight. Have fun with that memory-making!

nikkipolani said...

Clearly you are soaking up all the connections with your daughter and her surroundings, including those gorgeous flowers. Having just read a survival story about a plane crash, I'm glad to hear your flight was uneventful! Hope the return flight is, too.

Susanne said...

Such cheery flowers in your post. Love the harbor view. Marinas always make me smile for some reason. They're just so picturesque and I think deep down I've always wanted to have a boat. Enjoy your visit!

Faith said...

spring flowers are my fave!! yay for Easter, getting to visit family and making memories!! enjoy our "right " ( east) coast.😀

A Joyful Cottage said...

Happy you could spend time with your daughter and her family. The flowers are pretty. Sorry, I can't agree with you on dandelions. I consider them a nuisance that overtakes our grass. On the other hand, I could just let them go and not worry about the grass. LOL