1. Of course, my first fave would be the days I spent at Reyes Adobe Days last weekend. I love this venue because the staff there are so welcoming and helpful and encouraging. They moved tables. They offered water. They gave hugs. (Don't tell the other places, but I think this is my favorite place ever to do weaving and spinning demos.)
My very serene view of the patio before everyone arrived. Do you notice the damp spots? Yes, it rained Friday night. Believe it or not. In Southern California. Not much, just enough to get everything wet and make it all smell wonderful.
2. On Saturday, I took my rigid heddle loom and worked on a scarf which I nearly finished that day.
Eleanor enjoys helping me.
Finished on Wednesday!
3. On Sunday, I had my spinning wheel and worked with some alpaca fiber. It's fun to play the guessing game with the kids. "What kind of fiber am I spinning?" Some of the hilarious answers included elephant, giraffe, dog and cat.
4. You'd think I'd take a day to rest, right? Nope. Monday morning, my friends and I surprised our friend with a Birthday Brunch. At her house. Her husband and daughter organized it, and for once, she was truly surprised. It was the BEST!
5. Guess what I did on Tuesday. Yep. Nothing. The reason that is one of my faves should be obvious.
And here are some wise words to make you laugh:
You only need two tools in life.
WD-40 and Duct Tape.
If it doesn't move and should,
If it moves and shouldn't,
Use Duct Tape.