Thursday, December 03, 2009

Friday Fave Five

Friday Fave Five


1. Time spent with my family. We spent Friday morning riding our bikes with our daughter-in-law and eating lunch at a bakery on Coronado with our kids. Oh, that was so much fun! Yummy soup and sandwich served with a fantastic latte. Celebrating our family was much better than celebrating Black Friday.



the view of the southern end of San Diego Bay from the bike path


2. On Saturday, MamaMia and I visited her lys (local yarn store) and chatted with the clerk while we chose some new knitting needles. After stopping for coffee with our hubbies, we headed home in the middle of a rain shower complete with a brilliant rainbow.


3. The first Sunday of Advent. I love the Christmas season and especially enjoy reviewing the preparation for the coming of the Messiah through the four weeks of Advent.


4. Lovely weather. Not too hot, not too cold. Just the right weather for walking in the late afternoon.

5. Baking. It's a good thing we at Willow's Cottage aren't on the Atkin's Diet. Those homemade sour cream cinnamon rolls with cream cheese topping are really tasty. Oh, and the corn bread that went with the minestrone soup on Wednesday evening--yum. That's not counting the honey whole wheat bread that's in the oven right now.

Willow's Week was just a normal work week, full of daily commutes and chores, dishes and laundry. But it is important to find the blessings and joys in our daily lives. To post your fave five for this week, or to read what others are thankful for, go on over to Susanne's blog. And be sure and say 'thanks' to Susanne for hosting us every week!

27 comments:

nikkipolani said...

I like the sound of your "black" Friday very well! And with rainbows and knitting and lovely cinnamon rolls... sounds like a really nice week.

Jane said...

The food sounds delicious with some knitting, friends and family - just the perfect week. Jane x

Anonymous said...

Now that's the kind of black friday I would like to spend. I love the rainbow shot. Very nice my friend. Have a great weekend :)

The Curious Cat said...

Good things to be happy and thankful for! :) xxx

Anonymous said...

All those homemade bread items sounds so good! I just love bready things. Mmmmmmm :) And your bike ride sounds lovely. The rainbow picture is a treasure, that is so cool!

Dorothy said...

I love that rainbow picture, Willow!

RA said...

Wow, beautiful shots to complete your weekly blessings. Have a wonderful weekend :)

Melli said...

You always DO find the BEST in your week to share with us! And that rainbow - wow! Beautiful! You certainly did Black Friday up right! IF I were to leave my home on that day, it would be to do something like that!

ellen b. said...

Hello to you from the North! That is my perfect idea for exercise you know. Walk or ride to a great place to eat :0) When you do it with loved ones it's icing on the cake. What is lys? How fun to catch a rainbow in a photo...pretty!
The goodies at your place are making my mouth water!

Susanne said...

Normal but wonderful and comforting it sounds like! I'd be doing the same as you if we had a black friday. I'd much rather be visiting than shopping in that kind of a crush.

Hazel said...

I agree with Thom about Black Friday. The yummy goodies at Willow's Cottage sounds so wonderful this week :) I've never had corn bread in ages :( I have to travel to a sanitarium food shop to get a loaf and it's hours away. Ah well, I'll just imagine it. Happy Friday.

Kari said...

Time spent with family is always great.
How lovely to not only have showers but a rainbow too.
Happy weekend.

Carrie said...

Yup, we spent time with friends instead of doing the shopping thing for Black Friday. It was much more calm, peaceful and fun!

Baking is very fun!

Have a great weekend!

Marg said...

Another week, and another special advent season. Thanks for sharing..

Lisa notes... said...

I agree--celebrating family is much more fun than Black Friday!

San Diego is so lovely. I had the blessing of visiting there last year and fell in love with it.

I love Advent, too. I have many years to make up for not knowing it even existed. Glad you had a nice week!

Tracy said...

What a lovely week shared with us, Willow...especially the rainbow and candle glow...ooo... Happy Weekend :o) ((HUGS))

Islandsparrow said...

Your black friday sounds perfect to me - I don't like crowded malls.

Oh dear - absolutely no Atkin's Diet over Christmas holiday time. Too many goodies to try. Your cinnamon rolls sound yummy!

Happy weekend Willow!

elizabeth said...

A post with Advent, rainbows, family, knitting and cinnamon rolls - it truly doesn't get any better than that!

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

A great cup of coffee is bliss! Sounds like a lovely Thanksgiving weekend and I too am grateful not to have any dietary restrictions.

Never celebrated Advent, it sounds like a nice tradition.

TXDidi said...

Oh, you're making me so hungry reading about those rolls and other goodies, Willow. Wish I could import your weather over our way. They are talking snow here. Ugh! Too early for that. I definitely go into hibernation when the weather turns cold.

Brenda said...

Sounds like a fun week of doing things out doors along with some great cooking! All that exercise lets you eat a little more :)

Your food sounds wonderful!

Jean Stockdale said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I am sadly running late in responding. The holidays caused me to start operating in "lag time." But the thanks are as genuine as if you just wrote on my blog today!

We live in the country and we had a mouse, but no more. Of course one usually means 2 or 3 more!

Your list and your life sound very satisfying-family, friends, knitting. Blessings.

Well, have a blessed Christmas!

Karen said...

Oh, those cinnamon rolls sound so good!! Great list of your favorite things. Have a great weekend. Karen

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

All the yummy treats you've described have my mouth watering Willow! Happy 2nd week in Advent!

Sharon Lynne said...

I've been here awhile, catching up on posts. I enjoyed them all, as usual. I took a look at your favorite paintings and read about them.

I really like the view at lookout point. Nice picture!

You have learned to recognize the beauty of those brief moments in between the laundry loads!

Knitting Linguist said...

I love your "black Friday" adventures; much better than going to the mall!

Barbara said...

The SD bay so desserted. How peaceful.