Where did this first week of official summer run off to? I thought summertime livin' was supposed to be easy. Here's how Willow's Week flew by.
1. On Friday and Saturday, I picked blueberries at my friends' blueberry ranch. And after the berries were picked, they had to be washed, frozen and packaged. Those blueberries that didn't get popped straight in to my mouth ala Blueberries for Sal (one of my favorite children's books) made up more than a dozen quarts.
2. As much as I dislike shopping, I have to say that buying clothes makes it on to my fave list. Being able to purchase a swimsuit, running shoes, sandals, pants and a skirt fairly quickly and almost painlessly is a huge relief to me. I needed the clothes, and it took much less time than I expected. And now I hope I'm done with shopping for a while!
3. I think that phone calls from Son#2 will continue to be a fave as long as he is out digging in the dirt far far away from home.
4. I asked the Professor what he thought was a fave for him this week. He reminded me that the Los Angeles Lakers won the NBA finals last Thursday night. Yup. That is definitely a fave for him! And it's a fave for me, too--no more basketball games for awhile. (Truthfully, I like to watch basketball; I just don't like it as much as the Professor does.)
5. Spending an afternoon with a friend is always a highlight for me. Thursday I drove down the Pacific Coast Highway through Malibu to Manhattan Beach and enjoyed several hours of walking and talking with a friend--just to cheer her up.