It does not happen often that I miss posting for Friday Fave Five. (Did you miss me?) Last week, I was 'a little busy'. So I am combining two weeks' worth of fun into one to celebrate FFF.
1. During the week, MamaMia and The Princess arrived to help hostess a double shower for two of my nieces, a bridal shower and a baby shower!
2. Immediately after we cleaned up from the shower, we hopped in our car and drove to San Diego to enjoy a week with our kids who live there.
3. We spent a day at the beach which is beautiful even in June Gloom. We rode our bikes along San Diego Bay to Coronado Island.
Imperial Beach Pier from Silver Strand Beach with Tijuana, Mexico in the background
4. We took many slow and meandering walks with our new grandpuppy, Bailey.
5. One day while The Professor did a 30 mile bike ride, MamaMia and I attended a writing seminar. We thoroughly enjoyed learning more about how to encourage kids to like writing and to do it well. A second speaker discussed how to teach kids to think critically. We came away from the seminar excited to share what we learned.
Five Faves barely touches on the highlights of these two weeks at Willow's Cottage!
How was your week? Share it with us by posting your Fave Five and linkin to Susanne's blog Living To Tell The Story.