1. My friend has a blog! Do you love photos of gardens? You'll love garden celebrations! I took these photos of her garden acres several years ago.
2. A very unexpected phone call. From my oldest cousin. As far back as I can remember, he has NEVER called me. So when I answered a call from an unknown number (but not unknown area code), I was astounded to find who the caller was. Admittedly, my first thought was, "Oh, no. Who died?" because why else would he be calling? It turned out that he wanted me to connect with his oldest grandson who was writing a paper on cross cultural experiences for his cultural anthropology class and wanted to interview me. It was great to talk to both my cousin and his grandson.
3. A potted tulip is blooming in the cottage.
4. I love this quote by William Morris: "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."
5. Here's another random quote which resonated with me this week. It's from an article in British Country Living magazine. "To bake is an elemental act of creativity". Now I'm wanting to pull out my bread pans and bake some loaves of my favorite honey wheat bread.
And a bonus quote: "Better craft than gold".
Have you found any famous or obscure quotes you love?