1. I hit a milestone birthday this year. My Medicare birthday. The Medicare part isn't the fave; it's that I am thankful (and a bit amazed) that I am that old. Thanks be to God for giving me these years!
2. The partying started on Saturday when the texts began binging. "We're on our way." "We crossed the state border." "We're here!" Our little Princess PAL arrived with her
3. This is The Professor's Spring Break, so we took advantage of Monday did some sightseeing in Santa Barbara and Ventura. PAL's mom's BFF and her family joined us from Orange County. Their girl Faith was an instant friend for me. We walked all over Santa Barbara Botanical Gardens holding hands. Answering questions a mile a minute, I was enchanted by her curiosity and enthusiasm.
4. Princess PAL attained her own milestone while visiting us. She underwent a rite of passage, Dipping Your Feet in the Ocean for the First Time. We were honored to attend such an important and solemn ceremony.
5. I really am a St. Patrick's Day baby. Born on that lucky day, I love the funny cards I receive. Like this one: "Your birthday's on St. Patrick's Day?! [insert amusing green turtle looking surprised]. Inside, the message read, "You and a saint. Go figure." I think my sister/cousin watches all year to find the perfect card to send me. My day was made complete with loves and cuddles from my little PAL and phone calls from every child and grandchild. One grandson sent me a video message wishing me a Happy Birthday. That's really all I want--love from my family. Well, a birthday coffee and bookstore visit were nice, too.
(Did you know that there is an oxalis [shamrock/clover] which is native to the Pacific Northwest/Oegon? How appropriate that is since I am an Oregon native and very much Irish/British AND born on St. Patrick's Day.)
So, that was Willow's Week in five birthday blessings--welcome to my party!