"And you shall rejoice in all the good that the your God has given to you and to your house, you, and the Levite, and the sojourner who is among you."
The Bible text above popped up in a devotional someone shared this week and it struck me that Friday Fave Fives does exactly this. All The Good. Here are Five Good Things the Lord my God has given me this week.
1. Safe and easy flight home. Not being the world's best flyer, I always appreciate a mostly turbulence free flight. And this time, no transfers.
2. We spent one day this week driving to Los Angeles to attend a memorial service for a dear friend who was my mentor and Bible teacher for a few years when I lived in LA. I loved what one person noted about her life. "GW lived her life for two things: to bring people to Jesus and to bring people together." I would want that legacy , wouldn't you?
3. Then we met family friends for lunch in Santa Monica--We have know them for many years, since those adult boys were primary students at the school where I taught (Watts Christian School). We love them! We laughed and chatted and reminisced. What a blessing to spend that special time with them.
4. We drove home via Highway 1, also called PCH (Pacific Coast Highway). The road has been closed due to the Woolsey and Hill Fires. It was the first time we had driven along there since the fires. Look where the rain has already started to green up the burned areas. I'm thankful for the healing of the land.
5. Dinner with World's Best Neighbor. Pizza. How thankful I am for a good neighbor who is also a good friend.
Happy January to you! Be blessed!