1. Yes, Disneyland and California Adventure are certainly happy places. At least, we were very happy while we were there. Mickey looked down benevolently at us from many vantage points.
These swings reminded me of my childhood summer days spent swinging, pumping as hard as I could and flying as high as possible.
Undoubtedly, my favorite California Adventure ride was Soarin' Over California. What an exhilirating way to view the beauty of my adopted state~in a simulated hang glider. No photos of that since, you know, I was holding on to the safety bar on my seat. All the usual rides were still great: Space Mountain, Grizzly Rapids, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones, Jungle Cruise...
The best part was still being with my boy and his lovely wife. Whatever they did, we wanted to do it, too.
2. Another activity we shared with them was the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books which was held this year at USC. That's University of Southern California, not University of South Carolina. When my parents were living in Columbia, SC, I visited them, saw all those USC shirts and marveled at the number of University of Southern California fans there were on the East Coast until my father smirkingly pointed out that SC meant South Carolina. Anyway. We reveled in the piles and piles of books on any and every subject we could imagine. All of those books!
3. But that's not all, no, that's not all! Our Grad Student son happened to be in LA for the weekend and joined us for the day and for dinner at a local Indonesian restaurant in Culver City. There is no better cuisine in the whole world than Indonesian!
4. All wonderful Spring Breaks must come to an end, and so it was back to classes this week; but that's OK because I love my job! I love it when the students waltz in saying, "Hi, Mrs. Willow! We missed coming to class!"
4. Spring gardening is underway. We've been eating our homegrown lettuce for two weeks now. The lavender is outdoing itself in bloom production. I. Love. Lavender. Sadly, lavender doesn't love The Professor. So all the lavender lives outside. But it's beautiful, isn't it?
Well, that was Willow's Week this frist week of May, another edition of Friday Fave Five. These five expressions of gratitude are just the highlights of my week; it's how I choose to focus my memories--on being thankful. If you want, you can join Friday Fave Five at Susanne's blog.