Within a week, I will truly be on summer break. That's something to be thankful for! Since it is Friday, I am pausing in the space between end of classes and all papers corrected phases to reflect on a well lived week. Here are my Friday Fave Fives:
1. Last week of classes for my writing/composition students. We had fun playing a form of Jeopardy which I created especially for the classes, and of course, there were snacks brought by ambitious, creative cooks.
2. This week a friend finally flew to SoCal for a conference and tacked on a few days after to visit me. We were friends in college and have maintained our friendship through the years. It was great to show her my part of Southern California because even though she had grown up in LA, she had never seen the area where I live. (no concrete jungles)
3. Sunshine. I love living where the sun shines most of the time, and I don't want to take it for granted.
4. My garden. It loves sunshine too. The lettuces are producing profusely (think: great salads!), the zucchini is threatening to take over the tomato (Who will win the war?), and the basil is growing like a weed (think: pesto!). Pictures will be coming. I'm still in last-week-of-school recovery mode.
5. More baby hats knitted. But the creative juices are beginning to bubble and boil. I have cast on for a new project and the yarn for a second project is sitting on a horizontal surface waiting.