1. A long conversation with a cousin. As I sift slowly through the photos from my father's childhood, I have found pictures of my uncles. I called the oldest son of one uncle to ask about where to send photos I have scanned and want to share with him and his brothers. We chatted for quite awhile and caught up on family news.
2. Loving some of the old photos I'm finding.
'Three Dirty Boys'
(on the ranch in rural Oregon, mid 1920s)
Three Brothers-- a bit older
3. I'm not sure how my computer changed a setting for my desktop background. But recently the photos have been rotating and changing daily or more often. I've realized how much I am actually enjoying the unexpected memories the photos have elicited. Some photos I don't remember taking; others I look and think about where I was and why I shot that particular photo. It has been fun. I've learned how to reset the background but I've decided for now I like the changes.
4. I'm not much of a sports fan but here at Willow's Cottage, SOMEONE has been faithfully watching the Los Angeles Dodgers make their way to clinching the Western Division Championship. SOMEONE is really happy since HE has been a Dodger fan since the Brooklyn Dodgers moved to Los Angeles in 1958. GO BLUE!
5. Dark Chocolate. A little bit, just a bite or two. Every day. It's a health food, right?
I hope you won't let your week's blessings go unobserved. For what are you grateful this week?