Hello from Alaska! Yes, Willow and The Professor are on another adventure. This Fave Fives (Go to www.susannesspace.blogspot.com to join us in listing our weekly blessings) is dedicated to "getting here" as we arrived very late last night, in the dark, so there are no photos yet. Come back for more later. (Sorry for the messed up insert up there as I am writing on my tablet and still working out the kinks)
1. I am thankful I married a man who is adventurous and also a planner. He did all the hard work and research and bookings to make this happen.
2. I am thankful he is well enough to travel. If you have been reading Willow's Cottage blog for more than a year, you will know that The Professor had a mild stroke last year in May, just two weeks before we were scheduled to do this same trip. And look at him now! Off on the adventure we had to cancel fifteen months ago.
3. I am thankful we didn't miss our flight from Seattle to Juneau. It was close as we were late arriving there and then we had to be bussed in from our 'remote' deboarding location. After running through the airport to reach our gate, we found out our flight was delayed. Whew!
4. I am thankful for my neighbors who pick up our newspaper in the mornings and toss it on our porch so our 'kids' can bring them inside to await our return home.
5. I am thankful for our 'kids' who will care for our home and garden while we are away. Our daughter-in-law graciously offered to drive us out to the airport yesterday. We know our home and garden are in safe hands.
And in case you are wondering, yes, Eleanor is with us!
8 comments:
I’m so delighted that you get to take this trip! And no missed or delayed flights. Have fun. Mary
Fabulous. Have a great time! 50 states... I'm really impressed!
What fun! I am looking forward to the photos. It's wonderful that you and the Professor are able to venture out to Alaska after a year's delay. So glad he's well and able to travel again. I hope Eleanor behaves herself! ;-)
I can't wait for the photos!!
Hi Willow, so glad you made it to Alaksa! We took a cruise there back in 2006. Will you be going to Denali? Do you take a laptop with you to make your post. Have fun!!!
What an exciting trip! Have fun.
...my days of running through airports are behind me.
It sounds like you have much to be thankful for! My husband was stationed in Alaska for a couple of years when he was in the Coast Guard.
Post a Comment