1. I am thankful and very proud of our sixteen year old grandson who drove BY HIMSELF to the airport to pick us up on Saturday night after our long flights from Juneau and Seattle. I have called him Warrior Boy here on the blog for many years. His real name is Liam which means strong-willed warrior or protector and that is exactly what he is especially for his family.
One of the first photos of Liam, shortly after he came to live with Nurse Girl. Oh my, how he has grown!
2. I am thankful that I can sleep in my own bed again. And have my own pillow. We love to travel, but we love to be home again.
3. I am thankful for friends and family here in Ohio who greeted us with love and excitement to have us back from our travels.
4. I am thankful for lovely weather. Every day I have been outside in my gardens trying to take back control from the weeds that grew in just two and a half weeks. Nearly every day I have been out walking my two or more miles. Yesterday, Nurse Daughter, The Professor and I walked three miles on the path along the river with the two dogs. (A short note here about names: I am going to start using real names for family. Nurse Daughter is Mia, Liam's mom.)
5. Coffee catch-ups with our friends and family. Just time to talk about our time in Alaska and share some of the photos. And find out what they were doing while we were gone. I am so thankful for those hours to reconnect.
I hope you have had a wonderful week, too.
3 comments:
Sounds like a sweet welcome home. Congratulations to Liam on mastering driving skills so well! Mary
I'm glad you had such a great trip. What a wonderful part of the country to visit. I lived in Seattle area for a few years when I was younger but Alaska is on my bucket list.
Welcome home! I misread your description of Liam driving. All those "ou" in "proud" and "our" made me read "fourteen" and wondered what kind of driving laws they had in your state!
How nice that you had good weather for dealing with the garden as well as getting back on those beloved paths.
I suspect the catch-ups will continue for a while -- enjoy!
Post a Comment