Alaska Day Three will post some time soon. But in the meantime, I want to post my Friday Fave Fives. Yes we are still in Alaska. As usual, please join in with Friday Fave Fives over on Susanne's blog (susannesspace.blogspot.com)
1. I am continually amazed at the magnificence and beauty of Alaska. I am thankful for the opportunity to visit this place.
2. I am also amazed at the friendliness of the people here.
3. The meals are so yummy! How many times will I eat fresh salmon before I am tired of it?
4. Riding a ferry in the Inner Paasage of Alaska has been so beautiful. Here is a small nugget of its beauty to entice you to return and see more!
5. I am thankful for a lovely small hotel to stay in at Skagway. Again, the hospitality in Alaska is the best!
Bonus: I am thankful that our family in Ohio is safe and our son's home has electricity back on after three days of no power since that heavy storm blew through our town and uprooted many trees and downed many power lines.


12 comments:
I am glad you are having a great time in Alaska,. Nothing better than fresh salmon! I enjoyed our train ride when we were in Skagway. Glad your family is safe!
...enjoy your trip. This has been a year of violent weather, be safe.
Oh boy, you missed the storm that blew through. Glad your family is okay and has power back now. 3 days is a long time without power. Wonderful views. Hooray for hospitality and good food!
The mountains are gorgeous and the water is like glass!
Oh dear about the family back home w/o power for 3 days! I guess the storms have been pretty bad through there. Glad they are safe, and I assume your house is fine. Sounds like you are having a great time in Alaska! This certainly sounds like the trip of a lifetime! Thank you for sharing it with us! Blessings to you all.
Alaska sounds absolutely beautiful! I love how much you are enjoying not only the scenery, but also the people and the hospitality. And I’m especially glad your family in Ohio is safe and that the power is finally back on. Enjoy that fresh salmon! 😊
So glad to hear you son and family weathered the storm. That is a long time without power. Love looking at your pics from Alaska!
So glad some things are better after the Ohio storm. Good to have family near your own home to check on things. Alaska looks amazing. Fresh salmon! Sounds like it tastes amazing, too. Mary
What beautiful scenery! So glad you got to go and are having such a great experience.
I have never been to Alaska but every picture I have ever seen is absolutely stunning!
I bet it is reassuring having family near you now at home to take care of things. Really enjoying following your journey.
Oh! So thankful your beloveds back home are safe from that storm.
Just these glimpses of Alaska are so amazing. Such a vast state. Sounds like you've really enjoyed the fresh salmon
Post a Comment