I decided to try writing the Hodgepodge. I've not really done it much before. But you gotta try something new sometimes :) Thanks to Joyce for hosting...
1. What's something on your August calendar you're looking forward to? Or dreading if that's easier to answer.2. August 5th is National Oyster Day...do you partake? How do you feel about pearls?
I do like pearls. My husband bought me a pair of pearl earrings in Sri Lanka when he visited there.
Oysters? Big NO! Due to allergies...
3. Tell us about a time when you felt like 'the world was your oyster'.
During my college years, I traveled to represent the college where I attended. I sang in a trio and also in the small ensemble (The Reflections). I thought it was the best way to do two things I love-- singing and traveling.
4. Trip Advisor lists seven islands in the US that require no passport (for US citizens). If you're answering today from outside the US you'll still need to produce yours. An-y-way, have you been to any of the seven? Let's pretend you get an all expense paid trip to one this month...which one do you choose and why?
Catalina Island California~Martha's Vineyard Massachusetts~Mackinac Island Michigan~Key West Florida~South Padre Island Texas~or Kauai Hawaii
I would choose Kauai Hawaii because I have been to Hawaii six times and never been out of the Honolulu airport! That's what happens when you fly to and from East Asia via Los Angeles...
My second choice would have been Catalina Island California. I've been there. But my focus would have been the before and after times when I could also visit family and friends in Southern California.
5. Sylvia Plath is credited with the following-
"August rain: the best of the summer gone, and the new fall not yet born. The odd uneven time."
Agree or disagree? In other words, how do you feel about this month?
Truly, I'm not a fan of August where I live. I'm just tired of the July heat and humidity that has cooked and boiled me all summer.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
As I sit here typing, I am being entertained by the hummingbirds that are flying in near my window to drink their nectar. The hummingbirds are one of the joys of summer.

4 comments:
Happy Hodgepodge to you! Leaving on a Jet Plane?? Where to, pray tell. I hope it's to the UK and I can live vicariously through you. If not happy trails anyway! Sorry about the melting in the midwest. Do they call your state the midwest or is it far enough east to be east?
Ohh! Have a great trip!
I am not allergic to oysters but they are a big no for me too, I just don't like the look of them!
How amazing to have hummingbirds near your window!
Ellen, I wish! (It's on the planning board). We are going to our fiftieth state!
Have fun on your trip!
Post a Comment