It's late Friday evening. I'm late posting Friday Fave Fives. (follow the link to join us!) But it's still Friday... we had another busy week here at Willow's Cottage. Right now as I am writing this, the sun has set and we are sitting around our firepit enjoying our first autumn bonfire.
Here are my Fave Fives for this week:
1. It's FALL! AUTUMN is my favorite season of the year in Ohio. What's better than a warm cup of coffee in a cup decorated for fall?
2. I enjoyed a morning with Mia my nurse daughter at one of our favorite coffee shops. Coffee and knitting. That's the best way to spend a morning. Eleanor joined us and convinced me to purchase her a yummy coffee cake. I told her she had to take it home and share it with The Professor, which she did.
3. Another wonderful way to spend a morning is to get ourwalking exercise of three miles with Mia and our grandson Liam and the grand-dogs. Liam had Monday off from high school and Mia wasn't working a twelve hour shift at the hospital. And the weather wasn't raining. And another morning, The Professor and I walked with Mia and the dogs. All in all, the walks were great exercise and a great time with our daughter. And a bonus was spotting a deer in the woods along the path.
4. The house trim and facia painting is finished! I really need to get a photo of the new blue shutters and front door. We are very happy with the color we chose. And our friend did a beautiful job.
5. Last Sunday The Professor and I met our friend Thuy who flew in from Oregon to do the Walk for Sarcoma with other friends who have survived this horrid cancer although they have suffered the loss of one or both of their legs. We know some of the women in the photo because they were members of the US Amputee Women's Soccer Team. Our connection is that Thuy, who we have known for more than twenty years because she worked at the high school where Mia was a student, was one of the coaches for the team. These women are heroes and we were honored to walk with them to help raise money for Sarcoma cancer research. (Do you know what sarcoma cancer is? If not, click this LINK to learn about it)







No comments:
Post a Comment