Fortified by our coffee and cinnamon rolls, we decided to take a hike. The weather was amazingly clear and the sky was blue and cloudless (unusual for Alaska).
We crossed the Skagway River and hiked up and down the hills to Smugglers Cove.
Yes, the terrain was hilly and steep.
We hiked up and down and over rocks and roots. Finally we arrived at Smugglers Cove. Why is it called Smuggler's Cove? Smugglers brought alcohol into the cove on boats during the American Prohibition era of the 1920s. Today it is a lovely place to enjoy the quiet beach and maybe have a picnic and bonfire.
Even the ravens and the squirrels enjoy this little haven of a cove.


4 comments:
The Cove is like a lovely hidden gem!
You sure had to watch your step on that trail!
You really got a workout on this trip! That trail looks quite challenging! But what a reward at the end of the trail! Such a beautiful cove and place to relax and enjoy the beauty around you! I'm very impressed that you were able to do all these hikes, etc. I don't think I would've done so well if I were there, and that would be a shame to miss all of that. Note to self: If you ever take a trip to Alaska, get in shape first! LOL. Thanks for sharing.
That looked like a challenging hike but worth the effort.
Post a Comment