Friday, October 09, 2026

October Days, Friday Fave Fives

 A new Day.  A new Friday.  And a new Friday Fave Fives (follow the link).  Last night, as I pondered what to post today for my five faves, I easily chose two things for which I am thankful.  The other three...well, I couldn't think of anything 'special'.  Then I realized, Blessings are often simply basic parts of my day.  A good reminder.

1.  I am thankful for Friday Fave Fives because this weekly 'exercise' helps me stay grounded.

2.  I am thankful that I can be out in my garden doing weeding and other jobs to care for my plants.  Currently, I am doing a big job of digging out more grape hyacinths from the bed in front of the house.  Weeds and bulbs and debris.  Even if it doesn't get all done this fall, I still enjoy having my hands in the dirt.  And no photos.  You really don't want to see what it looks like...

3.  My daughter-in-law's sister and a niece are here visiting from Arizona.  The main reason is PAL'S upcoming birthday party.  While they are here, they are doing many fun things.  I joined them on Wednesday for part of a 'coffee shop crawl' that they made up themselves.  It was so fun!

4.  I am thankful for reading time.  Currently, I am reading So Big by Edna Ferber.  This is a book that my book group Well Read Mom chose.  At first, I was not excited.  But as I read more, the more I have enjoyed it.  Set in Chicago area, centered around a young woman who ends up marrying a farmer and learning to love farming, it is so much more than that.  I won't give any spoilers, just that I am enjoying this book very much.

5.  I am loving the cool mornings and mild days of autumn.  The leaves are turning beautiful colors.  My favorite season!  I scrolled through my October photos from other years and remembered how I have loved October in Ohio for the past six years.




I hope you are finding beauty, rest and blessings in this autumn season, too.

No comments: