In the absence of any inspiration to write original thoughts, I've stolen Deb's latest quiz.
1. What is your occupation?reading teacher/missionary
2. What color is your underwear? pink, beige,blue, white
3. What are you listening to right now? The tv is on in the background and John is watching Columbo.
4. What was the last thing you ate? salmon
5. Do you wish on stars? If I ever see stars here in the inner city where it is too light to see stars, I gaze in rapture at their majesty; don't wish on them. Just wish for them.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Like Deb, lapis lazuli; or cobalt blue
7. How is the weather right now? cool and probably damp b/c it's evening and we're about 10-15 mi from the ocean.
8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Andrea
9. Do you like the person who sent this to you? My daughter? Absolutely!
10. How old are you today? 55
11. Favorite drink? I love Americanos, hot and cold; hot chocolate; and as the holidays approach, I'm craving egg nog.
12. Favorite sport to watch? basketball.
13. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes,blonder. The first time, Julene and I lightened our hair together.
14. Do you wear contacts or glasses? Glasses.
15. What store have you visited most recently? Starbuck's. Before that, excluding restaurants and grocery stores, Christie, a card/stationery store in Manhattan Beach to look for Christmas cards.
16. Favorite month? I love September in Oregon, October-December in Los Angeles.
17. Favorite food? Mmmm, so many. raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, maple oat nut scones from Starbuck's, salmon, green beans, chocolate!
18. What was the last movie you watched? Horatio Hornblower, The Mutiny.
19. Favorite day of the year? Not sure, but I like Thursdays b/c the papers have home and garden sections on Thursdays. Maybe Thanksgiving.
20. What do you do to vent anger? Yell at stupid drivers. Glower.
21. Fall or Spring?Both!
22. Hugs or kisses? Hugs maybe. Depends on who.
23. Cherry or Blueberry? Blueberry. Eat more blueberries and support the Gerry Ranch!
24. Do you want your friends to email you back? Feel free to comment.
25. Who is most likely to respond? Who reads my blog?
26. Who is least likely to respond? Who knows?
27. Living arrangements?Living in a big townhouse in the inner city of Los Angeles owned by the mission; roomies are John and Angel and sometimes Mia.
28. When was the last time you cried? Last Sunday.
29. What is on the floor of your closet? Brown as in brown carpet. Oh, stuff: shoes, bag.
30. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Of course my brother Jim. Non family who I keep in contact with, maybe Eileen Houck Baum although we only send Christmas cards now. Other than that, Julene but she's also family.
31. What did you do last night? Hung out at home with John and Mary, Tim and Andrea and watched old MASH episodes.
32. Favorite smell? wood smoke; ocean breeze; coffee in the morning; skunk; roses; and last but not least, lavender.
33. What inspires you? Beautiful days at the beach, beautiful music; beautiful buildings.
34. What are you afraid of? Lack of love of my husband and family; out of control airplanes.
35. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Yes.
36. Favorite car? I want a hybrid! Or aMustang! Hummers used to be sooo cool but now everyone has one and they're gas hogs and stupid to own in the city or suburbs.
37. Favorite dog breed? I don't much like dogs.
38. Number of keys on your key ring? Which key ring? I have three. And each ring has several keys.
39. How many years at your current job? 2.5 as a missionary; 2 mos as a reading teacher.
40. Favorite day of the week? Thursdays are good, see above, number 19; and I like Sundays b/c I see my family and go to church and have coffee in the mornings with them.
41. How many provinces have you lived in? Indonesia: 2. US: 5 states.