It's back to real life and real time after a wonderful Thanksgiving week. It's important to remember to give thanks every day, every week not just one occasion in November (if you're American) or October (if you're Canadian). That's why I love Friday Fave Five which is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story. You can participate too if you want. Just add your post to her link HERE.
1. The roads were busy but open and running at optimum speeds all the way from San Diego to Ventura County when I drove home on Sunday morning. Even the usual slowdown places like Camp Pendleton, Orange County, and LAX were clear!
2. My usual tactic to avoid a freeway interchange I really don't like is to cut over to the beach in Santa Monica and drive up Pacific Coast Highway through Malibu. If the freeways are backed up, it takes the same amount of time to drive a scenic route as it does to brave the pass between the LA Basin and San Fernando Valley. On Sunday, the views of the beach, ocean and offshore islands did not disappoint.
3. On Monday night, I drove to LAX and picked up The Professor. I'm glad to have him home again.
4. Do you all get bored when I mention my students? They're so much fun! I regularly get hilarious emails and questions--"Mrs. Willow, Is it OK to have 15 sentences in my paragraph?" "Please answer me quickly." (This one written late in the evening.) And my favorite: "I can't wait to see you! I really missed classes last week."
5. The weather was quite cool this week and I snuggled up under my warm blankets and cozy afghans in the evenings. Well, it was cold for Southern California...
6. BONUS! Christmas music! In my car, on my computer, at home. What's your favorite Christmas Carol?