Sunday, January 02, 2011

Hopes and Goals

Having a cold/flu during New Year's celebrations certainly puts a damper on attending parties and being merry.  The fuzzy brain which results from such a cold also definitely affects cognitive ability and focus on New Year's resolutions.  I tend to be reluctant to make New Year's resolutions anyway because it sounds so definite and almost negative.  The past few years, I've changed my focus.  Now I make a list of "hopes and goals".  Because I've been muddle brained, I have only now begun to think about my 2011 Hopes and Goals.

This year I hope to accomplish the following goals:

1.  Begin teaching an internet-based writing class.  As soon as I write the first lesson, I'll be sending it off to two willing guinea pigs students.

2.  Print note cards using my own photographs.

3.  Be more consistent in posting on this blog.

4.  Finish (once and for all) the digitalizing of the hundred plus years of family photographs that are in my keeping.

5.  Use up the rest of my yarn stash.  I've been toying with the thought that if I do not use the yarn THIS YEAR, I will donate it somewhere.

6.  Knit more items to sell or donate to help Generate Hope and Forever Found, two groups of amazing and courageous people who are focusing on stopping human slavery and trafficking in California and other places in the world.

7.  Regain my optimum health by focusing on food choices and exercise.

Other things I would like to do this year:

1.  Travel (where? I haven't decided yet).

2.  Plant a square foot garden (again). 

3.  Become more familiar and adept with the new(ish) camera.

4.  Continue in some form the exercise of creativity in limiting my wardrobe via Project 333.

5.  Create time and space in my life and surroundings so I can focus on what is truly important to me--my faith, my husband, my family.

Have you made any resolutions, hopes or goals lists?

14 comments:

ellen b. said...

Hello dear Willow,
These hopes and goals sound good. I'm working on 60 things I want to do in my 60th year. :0)

Tracy said...

WONDERFUL goals for the new year, Willow--very exciting about your virtual writing class and digitalizing all those photos! I loved Project 333, and plan on an post-Project post next week and will continue with this stream-lined, pared down wardrobe--it just makes sense! So sorry you've not been feeling well though... Do be taking good care and be on the mend soon! Wishing you all the very best of health, happiness, peace & joy in 2011, my friend! ((HUGS))

roxie said...

OK, you just triggered a small panic attack. Why are you getting rid of your yarn stash? Are you going to quit knitting? Are you dying? How can you knit an emergency gift if you don't have a stash to draw on? How can you find the perfect project for traveling?
How can you sleep at night without knowing there is some yarn and needles handy if you need a little midnight meditation? How can you - how can you - how CAN you?? Divest the wardrobe if you must. Hooray for the online writing class (may I take it?) Kudos on the square foot garden and applause on the photography, but don't shock me by saying you are getting rid of your yarn stash. That's just crazy talk and I won't listen!!

snoopydogknits said...

Hello there Willow! Just stopped by to wish you a happy, healthy and peaceful 2011. Your goals sound very well thought out and exciting. I love the thought of a foot-square garden and your on-line writing course sounds very exciting. Ros

Kathie said...

Such wonderful goals! Travel to Montana this summer, perhaps?

tina said...

I'm exhausted reading your goals. Really, you are just making me tired with it all. Regardless, little go getter, Happy New Year and may you reach your goals and more!!! :)

Nicole said...

Found your blog looking at simple living sites. Enjoyed reading your goals for the new year. I don't like making resolutions either, but I like the idea of making goals. One year I did make a resolution that I almost did all year, but not ready to do it this year. My resolution was to try something new each month.
Have a great new year.
Nicole
theologythoughtsandbs.blogspot.com

Deb said...

I am currently on working on my list of goals for the new year. I also hope to be a better blogger and to organize my gazillion photos. Exercise and healthy eating are also high on the list. I believe it is important to have goals as we work on living each day to the fullest. Take care.

Flower said...

The list looks good! You go girl! Don't you just love lists?

Sharon Lynne said...

That's quite a list!
I hope you are feeling better!
Those are ambitious goals. That sounds like a fun project to put your pictures on notecards. You are such a good photographer.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

What a wonderful list ~ you were remarkably insightful for having a fuzzy brain - LOL

BTW since bloglines has changed into a format that I no longer understand I'm switching over to Ravelry as my "reader" and I noticed that you don't have your blog feed up and running over there although you are a member.....

Knitting Linguist said...

That is a great list! I share some of those myself (eating more healthfully, for example, and getting my wardrobe under control - I'd like to really love every single thing in my closet, and have nothing I don't love; I'll get there). My big one this year, though, is one I'm still trying to articulate better, but it boils down to acting on the knowledge that just because I am capable of doing something, doesn't mean I should do it (ha! and my word verification is "dormat" - perfect!). I'll get there. Happy New Year!

Marg said...

Great post...good reminders...This sounds really silly, but I have been really struggling with staying motivated in blogging...do you think I would fit the requirements of your writing class?
I'm actually planning on dropping in at our knitting store for lessons once a week over the next few months.
Fitness, nutrition, spirituality, are all things that I need to continue to focus on...

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Excellent goals and dreams for the new year, Willow! I am working on family photo storage myself.
I hope you are feeling all better by now! happy 2011!