1. Logging slow miles. Actually, to be precise, I logged a mile. Each day this week, I've walked a little farther, and on Wednesday, I walked ONE mile.
2. Last week, I mentioned that I have been knitting hats. I posted about the Chicago food bank which will be giving away 1,000 or more hats to children who attend the Christmas party the first week of December. I just cast on stitches for Hat #10. My goal is to send twenty hats. If you are interested in helping by knitting or crocheting hats, check out my post HERE. Simple knitting can reap wonderful warm benefits.
3. Santa Ana Winds would not normally be on my faves lists because, well, it's windy. On Wednesday the Santa Anas blew gusts up to 40 miles per hour from the desert to the ocean. What I enjoyed was the aftermath, not the blown leaves, the downed power lines at The Professor's university, or the small fire that burned at the side of the freeway, but the crystal clear air that resulted from everything dusty and hazy being blown away. A simple thing like a beautiful day makes me happy.
4. A simple lullaby. My older daughter, mama of my New Boy, wrote this post yesterday about her singing a song to him as she tucks him in at night. I loved it. Made me cry. And miss him. He's growing so fast. It is probably time to knit him another new sweater.
Gratuitous photo of him modeling the sweater I gave him in July.
5. Simple meals. Warning: if you are an enthusiastic cook, maybe you should skip this one. Because I've been fighting a cold (and mostly losing the battle), my interest in preparing exciting dinners has been at a low low low ebb. This was dinner one evening this week: leftover brown rice with canned organic black beans dumped on the top. The Professor steamed some broccoli to accompany his meal and added barbeque sauce and green salsa. I went the minimalist route--before I microwaved my bowl of rice and beans, I threw fresh spinach on top and heated everything together then topped it with the green salsa. It was a very simple yet tasty and delicious dinner. (Ellen, I warned you!) But we followed it with chocolate so perhaps the lack of forethought and preparation can be forgiven.
There you have it. Willow's very quiet and simple Week in Five Faves. I've linked up with Susanne's Friday Fave Five as usual.
How about you? Was your week complicated or simple?