Friday Fave Five happens every week. Choose five events from your week which you are thankful for, post them on your blog and then link them up to Susanne's blog. Thank you, Susanne, for hosting this every week. Here are mine:
1. expectation. The anticipation of our Thanksgiving visit with our family in San Diego. Most of the fam will be together.
2. flexibility. I'm thankful that my schedule is flexible enough this weekend and next week, so I can hop a train to San Diego today (Friday) and help my daughter MamaMia with some stuff in preparation for Thanksgiving (see #1).
3. transportation. I love taking the train and Amtrak's Surfliner is special. The views are world class!
4. yumminess at Minimalist Woman. My friend Meg has just published an e-cookbook. I have been reading the introduction and browsing the recipes. What I truly appreciate about this cookbook is the simplicity of the recipes. I'm not a fancy cook and I *heart* one pot recipes which is what Meg's book focuses on. I am definitely going to be trying the Pacific Soup (think sweet potatoes, coconut, and pineapple) and the Cranberry Orange Muffins.
5. a purchase. This week I bought -- wait for it-- railroad ties. We are in the process of doing a bit of stabilization on the steep bank behind the house here at Willow's Cottage. We'll be planting some California natives and are using those massive blocks of wood to keep the dirt from sliding down the slope. Having the railroad ties means that the work will soon be completed.
Before next week's Fave Five, we will have celebrated Thanksgiving in the US. So I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!