It's the third week of December. As of Friday, December 16, there are nine days until Christmas. Cards are arriving in the mailbox. Christmas music is playing in the house and car. Soon, soon, maybe I'll begin addressing envelopes (yes, I'm running really late this year). As always, since it's Friday, I'm pausing to post my Friday Fave Fives which is hosted each week by Susanne at her blog Living to Tell the Story.
1. My daughter's surgery last week was 'uneventful' and considered by the doctor to be 'successful'. I am thankful for wise and skillful surgeons.
2. My drive from near the Mexican border north through FOUR Southern California counties, much of it during rush hour traffic, took FOUR hours! I think that's a record for me. A facebook friend asked how I'd done that--it was truly mostly luck in choosing the fast lanes and ducking around the back-ups.
3. We have had alternating rain and sunshine. The rain we need because Southern California is an arid place. The sunshine we love because, well, because we're Southern California sunshine addicts.
4. I think I have received a year's supply of goodies as Christmas gifts from my very sweet students--chocolate truffles, peanut brittle, chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate covered raspberry candies, to name just a few. Undoubtedly, I am going to need to ration these desserts out for the next fifty-two weeks and share them with family, friends and neighbors! But I'll keep the Starbuck's card for myself.
5. Anticipation! I am now on Christmas Break! Three weeks!
And this Sunday I will light the third Advent Candle.