1. Work on the back bank gardening project is progressing! Our dear friends the Salcedos arrived Saturday afternoon to help us with some of the heavy work like shoving railroad ties around, piling dirt, and planting our California native manzanitas, sages and grasses. We celebrated with dinner after.
2. On Monday afternoon, The Professor and I took a ramble along the Ventura River rail-trail path. It was a perfect day for a hike and we thoroughly enjoyed exploring a new-to-us trail.
3. No Snow. But we have white in the landscape. All the flowering plum trees are bursting in to bloom. In January.
4. Zicam. It's this girl's best friend when I feel a cold coming on. And echinacea tea.
5. How does killing my cell phone count as a fave? My phone died a sad and violent death at my own hand, literally. I dropped it. It's broken. For a week, I've been phoneless and I've realized how dependent (addicted?) on it I had become for everything from checking email and facebook and IMing and texting to finding out the time. And talking to people, even. It's been a wake up call. And I'm relieved that my phone is the one on the plan that's insured, which was wise planning on The Professor's part.
Bonus: Younger son, The Grad Student, celebrated his birthday this week. His birth, a little premature due to the fact that I had contracted malaria during the eighth month of pregnancy, caused us some trepidation. But thankfully he was a fine healthy baby. Because of this, he'll always be my 'miracle boy'. Happy Birthday!