Friday Fave Five
An account of the best parts of my week
An exercise in reminding myself to focus on the positive
Hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story
1. A Friday out. We've visited the Getty Villa before, but we decided we really wanted to spend the afternoon there. Admission is free although there is a parking charge. Lunch packed, we drove through Malibu Canyon and out to the Pacific Ocean and down Hwy 1 to The Getty Villa where J. Paul Getty built a replica of an ancient Roman villa simply to store his collection of antiquities.
2. Another adventure. On Monday, we drove the other direction--to Santa Barbara to visit the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden. Most of the garden has been left in a natural state and it was a pleasure to walk the paths under the canopy of the gigantic California Live Oak trees.
From the creek bed, we climbed the steps
and at the top of one of the hills we could see across the city to the ocean and beyond to the island.
When we turned around, we faced the rugged coastal mountains. No, that's not snow; it's sand colored bare rock.
3. Coffee with a best buddy, just to catch up after the holidays.
4. I love it when my students have birthdays. Sometimes, like this week, they bring cookies to class to share.
5. Getting back in a routine is always good. Besides teaching classes again (see #4), I have enjoyed the morning lattes which The Professor provides and the evening walks we've taken together. The advantage of routine is knowing that I'm going to walk and do other physical exercise which I certainly need because it's simply part of 'my day'. Routines keep me accountable.
That was Willow's Week
How about you?