1. We attended the annual faculty dinner sponsored by the university library staff. It's a gentle way to return to the academic year. As always, dinner was served buffet style in one of the hidden courtyards at the back of the library. And as always, we dipped fruit bits into the chocolate fountain and chatted with other faculty families.
2. That man of mine knows how to take care of me. One morning this week I woke to an empty house since he was already out the door. I was covered with an extra blankie cuz he knows I get cold. When I
3. I braved the LA freeways one day to visit a friend. It's always a fave when I'm NOT stuck in traffic down there for hours.
4. Have you heard of this restaurant? Le Pain Quotidien. When you have lunch there on the patio under the umbrellas and the flower baskets sway a bit in the breeze and taste that wonderful bread and scrumptious soup, you feel like you just might be in France, not Manhattan Beach.
5. I know I mention it often, but I *heart* my local farmers market. Every Saturday, 50 weeks a year, 8am-12:30pm. The best fruit. The best hummus and pita chips. The best organic cucumbers. Lettuce. Bok choy. Kale. Green beans. Broccoli. I could go on and on. And on. That farmers market is a weekly blessing.
Is your schedule changing? I hope you find the blessings in each changing week and season.