Nearly End of Summer Willow's Week Friday Fave Fives with Susanne.
Summer is almost over. Sad but true. In fact, The Professor has already spent a day in his office at the university. I, also, am gearing up with prep work for the school year. But mostly I'm ignoring the fact that it is the end of summer.
1. We spent part of last week visiting little ones in San Diego and doing all the usual summer things. The main reason for our visit was to be present at the two little ones' baptisms. (Unfortunately, no recognizable photos are allowed to be posted in a public media place.) But we did many other fun things such as our usual visit to San Diego Zoo. The baby flamingos were adorable. I forgot my camera but The Professor snapped one shot with his phone.
Hikes with friends.
2. Summer is not the time to knit warm sweaters. It's the time to knit socks.
3. Summer is bike riding time. Thirteen miles one day with a stop for coffee. Of course.
4. Summer is a time for (more) reading. Yeah, I'm still reading Louis L'Amour books. Louis L'Amour wrote A LOT of books.
5. Summer, and specifically August, is the time for more birthdays. Son #1 and Daughter #1, both in early August.
Many years ago
I don't know about you, but I am savoring every moment I have left of summer!