1. the end of the teaching year! Yes, yesterday was my last class. While I love teaching writing skills to children, I also love the free time of summer vacation. Usually, I allow myself a day or two to relax before I tackle the very last part of my teaching year--the last set of compositions to correct.
2. Another reason and a FAVE which actually causes more lethargy is Rain! I'm a native Oregonian. You know what that means. We Oregon natives have webs between our toes. We don't tan; we rust. When days are cloudy and dark and it's raining, we hibernate because we think it's winter. Well, evidently, Southern California is having a uncharacteristic weather-- rain and thunder storms in May. The Oregonian in me shows itself and I go into 'winter mode' which means hunkering down inside with a hot cup of coffee which also means I'm feeling lazy.
3. All the years we lived outside the US made us much less aware of American holidays. In Indonesia, we didn't celebrate Fourth of July or Thanksgiving. Mother's Day and Father's Day at that time weren't a big deal. Even now, I don't get all 'expectant' about it. All I care about it that my kids check in with me which they all did. That made the day complete for me. An added bonus was lunch with The Professor's sister and our nephew. We might have sat on the outside patio/courtyard of the restaurant for two hours...
4. Time in my garden. Lettuce is ready to pick. Tomatoes are ripening. Basil is growing. As a Mother's Day gift to myself (with The Professor's agreement), I bought some "color spot flowers". Usually I don't plant non natives or annuals in the garden. These are in pots. I think I might like pink and purple.
5. Can anticipation be a FAVE? I hope so. This week I received my comp tickets to The Topanga Banjo and Fiddle Festival. Every year our handweavers and spinners guild is invited to participate as demonstrators. It's my favorite venue to do this! Can't wait for Sunday!