Let the summer break begin! Here are my Friday Faves for this first week of My Summer!
Flags on Ventura Pier
1. Last Friday evening, we met up with friends who live in Los Angeles. Usually, they drive up here (to do things like help us move!), but this time we met in the middle, in Calabasas, where there is one of our favorite restaurants--Sharky's! They have The. Best. Burritos!
2. The Topanga Banjo and Fiddle (Contest) Festival was awesome! I spun yarn and demonstrated spinning techniques for hours and hours. My favorite part is talking to the kids and explaining how long it takes to clean the wool, spin it and then knit it in to ONE pair of socks. And I produced more than one full bobbin of Cowichan wool yarn. (The link can give you some information on the kind of wool I was spinning--if you care.)
3. Safe trip to Santa Monica. I needed to act as chauffeur for a friend who was having a day surgery in Santa Monica. Although the occasion wasn't great fun, we both enjoyed our drive through the Santa Monica Mountains and along the beach on Pacific Coast Highway. After all, how many people can state that they drove to the hospital on PCH? The extra part of the fave was, yes, safety in Los Angeles traffic.
4. I've been knitting a small shawl using some handspun silk yarn dyed with indigo and a natural white llama and silk yarn, also handspun, one strand of each. Finally, I got the hang of the pattern and am almost finished with it. Every once in a while I enjoy a knitting challenge. [Once it is finished and blocked, I'll post a photo of it.]
5. The Professor posted his grades, and now he's on summer break!
Happy Memorial Day!