1. This week marks the half way point of the school year! I'm half done! I enjoy teaching, but it's still 'a job'. I love knowing I've accomplished half my goal.
2. Do you have a pile of books lying around waiting to be read? If you do, you're like me. The fave part of this is that I have decided that this is the year I am going to focus on reading those semi-abandoned sadly ignored books. I'm making a list (and checking it twice) and prioritizing the order in which I will read them. Once I am sure I have located all the books, I'll post my list.
3. Got my camera back! Here's proof. Photos of us practicing (yes, we are that old).
The three original members of the group with our director
4. Happy Birthday, Dr. Mike! It was Son #2's birthday this week. Although he is a long, long way away, we talked on the phone and were able to wish him a happy birthday and promise him that his gift would be waiting for him next time he comes to visit-- dinner at his fave pizza place.
5. This week our small group from church started again. The format is nine weeks with a short break--this time, we didn't meet during the busy Christmas season. It's great to be back with our group of thirteen.
Bonus: Rain! Not wild, torrential rain like we usually get, but soft, misty rain like Oregon and Washington. [remember that song's lyrics---It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya, it pours, man, it pours]. And then we had a couple of warm sunny no coats no gloves no hats days. As we were walking one evening, I commented on how 'cold' it was after sunset. The Professor's response was, "If you say that to your three kids who live on the East Coast, we will be able to see the explosion all over the Eastern sky." Take care, all of you in the snow covered places. Be safe. Be warm.