Thursday, April 28, 2016

Closing Out April

Happy Friday!  And Happy Friday Fave Fives.  Here is Willow's Week in five short bits of thankfulness.  And so we finish April.

1.  Trying to work on my macro photography.  Jasmine in my garden.  I am thankful for a good camera.




2.  After finishing six hats, I decided to pull out a new project.  Several years ago, I spun some fiber I bought on Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.  I knitted a sweater -- nearly finished it.  But it just wasn't right.  It didn't fit.  So I abandoned it.  My niece lives now just north of where I bought the wool.  So this week I began knitting her a shawl to wear during those cold, damp months when this wool fiber will be warm and welcome.  I love a new project!


3.  Watching the 1965 production of The Agony and the Ecstasy.  Having been to Rome and the Sistine Chapel, I am enjoying this story of the painting of the Sistine Chapel by Michelangelo.

4.  Again this year, I planted milkweed plants in the garden.  The ones I put in last spring didn't survive the hungry caterpillars, the larvae of the monarch butterflies.  So I'm trying again.  This week I planted three more.  Here's hoping these thrive.

5.  This spring I have been studying The Lord's Prayer in my Friday morning Bible Study.  Do you know the Lord's Prayer?  Do you identify with praying it?  I've been reminded that my allegiance is for God and I recognize my dependence on Him.

Pray, then, in this way:‘Our Father who is in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven. 
Give us this day [a]our daily bread.
‘And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.

‘And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from [b]evil. 
[c][For Yours is the kingdom
and the power and the glory forever. Amen.’]
     

10 comments:

Tracy said...

It is amazing that we turn to May this weekend! Jasmine... oh, so delighTful just LOVE that scent!! Nice save with the gray wool--a shawl is always a good way to use yarn. ;) The Lord's Prayer is probably the best thing we can pray at any moment- Praying it slowly, no rush--just pure gratitude there. :) Happy Days, Willow ((HUGS))

Monica said...

good morning Willow! It's been a glorious week in Missouri. I always love seeing your beautiful flowers. I really need to get more picture taking done to use on my blog. I hope that soon things will be slowing down (school is almost out) and we can get to our lazy days of summer! :)
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Karen said...

The Lord's Prayer is so rich in meaning. I heard a lecture about it year's ago and it's never been the same for me, so much better!

I have a book copy of The Agony and the Ecstasy, but have yet to crack it open. So many books to read.

So nice to see your photos of jasmine. And that piece of chocolate;) Nicely done.

Gracie Saylor said...

I think I can almost smell the wonderful Jasmine! You inspire me to figure out the macro setting on my camera.

You have reminded me of how precious it can be to communicate with the Lord through the Lord's Prayer. In the Beth Moore class on Revelation we have been reading through some of the worship passages that echo the "hallowed be thy name" "for thine is the kingdom and the glory and the power forever and ever" of the Lord's Prayer for me...the sense of awe and reverence for the Lord!

Hoping your plants thrive...we are trying to capture slugs! xx

Barbara H. said...

I've been using my iphone camera so much that I've forgotten how to get to the macro setting on my regular camera. But that was one of the features I best liked about it.

I have not seen The Agony and the Ecstasy. I need to some time.

Hope your milkweeds do well. I ove to use the Lord's prayer as a jumping off point when praying, especially if I am having trouble with scattered thoughts.

Mereknits said...

The shawl is going to be a wonderful gift. I love THe Lord's PRayer, it gives me such a sense of peace.
Hugs,
Meredith

ellen b said...

Sounds like a good re-purposing of that ill fitting sweater. I do pray the Lord's prayer and appreciate it as a guide to my other prayers.

nikkipolani said...

I read The Agony and Ecstasy many years ago and didn't know there was a movie!
Once your asclepias take root and bloom, they'll reseed like mad -- all you need to do is keep ahead of the caterpillars!

snoopydogknits said...

Love the macro shot! Pretty! Ros x

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Awesome macro shots...now I want one of those little Hershey's Kisses :)