Tuesday, August 16, 2016

On My Walk Today

What I saw on my walk on the hill above my house.  This morning it was sunny, mild and breezy, just perfect for a quick trek along the deer paths through the dead dry bush and grey stones.  I came across a white beehive which had honeybees hovering around it.  I had no idea there was a beehive up there.


These pink blossoms were actually quite small and about the only things blooming on the hillside.


As I neared the area where sprinklers were watering the ivy (yeah, ivy isn't my idea of a great option either), I noticed brilliant orange flowers arranged along vines which were growing out among the ivy.


I'm not sure what this plant is.  Now I have a fun project--identifying the mystery vine.


5 comments:

Monica said...

Isn't it amazing where beauty will just pop up?! I love that vivid orange! Thanks for sharing it with us! :)

ellen b said...

Looking forward to you finding out what that plant is!

Gracie Saylor said...

At first I thought you were seeing California Poppies! I get all excited when I see them up here :) I am just catching up with your news after spending the end of July camping on Cape Lookout. Your fair awards and being featured in an article are so encouraging! I'm glad you are enjoying some hikes in spite of the heat. I am still trying to swim three hours a week and am enjoying doing so especially on hotter days like today. It is so exciting you are raising butterflies! I hope you get great photos when they fly. Cheers for your good times with family and friends and organizing, and knitting! xx

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I am not sure what that plant is either, but it is beautiful!! :)

I wish you a wonderful weekend!

Patti said...

You captured that butterfly perfectly. They are such beautiful creatures. It's hard to believe that a stunning butterfly will come forth from a dead-looking chrysalis.

Temps in the 70's are about the most perfect temps ever. I could live in that 365 days a year!

Oh, a trip to England! How fun to relive those memories. I would love to travel there one day. So many fantastic sites to see.

I love Mexican food! What a great start to a date night.

Blessings,
Patti