Can it really be the end of August and the end of summer? Many kids I know (including my littles) are all back in school. It seems like this week 'just happened' with everything winding down slowly. All week I thought about Friday Fave Fives and watched for 'those moments' of blessings which I always know are there but I forget to acknowledge them. So here are my Friday Fave Fives from Willow's Week.
1. This week the mornings have been perfect for sitting outside with my coffee. What can be more calming than watching the monarch butterflies and the tiny hummingbirds flitting and flying around the garden?
2. All of the floors in our house are vinyl tiles which look like tile (I love the look!), but we do have a couple of large area rugs. So this week, yes, we cleaned them. The Professor runs the cleaner and I run around wiping up the water around the edges. We make a great team, we both get a good workout, and our rugs are clean.
3. I had work done in my mouth by an oral surgeon. What it comes to dentists and all those guys, I'm a baby. But this doctor did everything just right to help me, and my time in the chair of torture was very limited. Win. Win. Win.
4. The Professor for the Win, too. He drove me to the surgeon's office, stayed there, drove me home and even bought me soy ice cream.
5. University classes begin next week, so The Professor has been on campus a few days for faculty meetings. It's just now beginning to sink in that I'm not just on summer break now--I'm really retired. I'm excited to plan my days and weeks now with projects, but not too many of them. Those times spent in the garden (see #1) have been focused on just how I want to do this retirement thing--sifting through my thoughts, making goals.