1. Sore muscles. Why oh why do sore muscles make me happy? It means that I have put in two good days on some heavy outside yard work. We need to adjust the property line markers on our side property to correctly reflect the property line. So I shoveled rock, moved cement edgers and pavers. There is still more work to do, but I'm proud of those sore muscles.
2. In my garden, there are many more monarch caterpillars (no more photos because, you know, how many photos of caterpillars do you need?) But World's Best Neighbor phoned and left me a message telling me the butterflies are flying everywhere around the milkweed on the back bank of the garden and she has a perfect view of them. In other garden news, the cotton plants are flowering!
3. AND the potatoes grew! My first attempt at growing potatoes yielded these! I planted one potato cut into four sections and I harvested enough to fill a gallon pot.
4. Not everything was about the garden this week (but of course it's the end of August and beginning of September so of course there is a lot going on in the garden). These two felted sheep have decided to relocate to the East Coast. Someone noticed my sheep at the county fair display and asked to purchase a couple from me. So these two are off on a new adventure.
And I have been on a NICU hat kick. This week: eleven hats and the twelfth nearly done.
5. I saved the best for last! See what I picked up at the airport on Thursday?? PAL and her daddy are here for a visit! She brought her bunny Alexandria to visit with Eleanor and they are all having a great time playing with blocks and duplos, taking walks, picking tomatoes and oranges! The arrival of our Princess PAL also explains my lateness in posting my Faves this week.
I foresee a busy Labor Day weekend--beach trip, museum visit for Daddy, lots of walks and book reading.