1. Today is Veteran's Day in the US. I am thankful for my family members who have/do serve in the US military.
my paternal uncle
my maternal uncle
my husband The Professor
my son Chaplain Dan
my son-in-law The Marine (retired!)
2. Today is also Chaplain Dan and his wife's tenth wedding anniversary. Happy Anniversary to them!
3. I love those spontaneous texts from The Professor when he notices a poster and knows I'd enjoy listening to the lecture. He sent this photo and one word: "Interested?" Duh!
4. I've been watching this monarch chrysalis every day (even in our hot hot hot 90s blistering dry heat). Yes, I finally found a way to photograph it. No butterfly yet...
5. I love the photos of my granddaughter that are sent to me! Her auntie took this picture at Halloween. Somebody loves Minnie Mouse!
Bonus: This quote from a gardening article by Karen Maezen Miller, author of Hand Wash Cold: Care Instructions for an Ordinary Life. (I haven't read the book, but I enjoyed the article.)
"...but there are ways to get by on less. First, want little. Second, be satisfied. Third, don't replace anything that still has a useful life. This last point has served out marriage well."