1. Here is the proof that it rains in Southern California. On Sunday, it rained!
2. The monarch butterfly caterpillars are back again, chomping on the milkweed. I had read that monarchs return several times during a single season to lay eggs. Fortunately, the milkweed plants, which is their only food, have been growing well this year. I found one chrysalis but because of its position hanging from a dead branch I haven't been able to photograph it easily. (I'll keep trying.)
3. Here is a yummy fave! This is an update on the sweet potatoes I planted in the spring. So far, I've pulled up less than one fourth of the plants and I have a lot of tubers. Admittedly some of them are weirdly shaped probably because they were confined to a pot. But they'll still taste fine, right? I'm super excited! My first sweet potatoes!
4. Although I'm trying to knit down my yarn stash, sometimes I need to purchase a skein to finish a project. I'm thankful for sales and coupons to keep the cost down. This week I scored yarn for a baby vest to give a sweet little one who is outgrowing the one I gave her a few months ago.
5. This quote: A Garden is a Delight to the Eye and a Solace for the Soul.
And this one: The Earth Laughs in Flowers.
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Flowers from my garden this week. I laugh in delight and find solace in my garden.
Where have you found delight or solace this week?