1. Mother's Day. Since we don't live anywhere near our children or grandchildren, I treasure the phone calls, texts and cards.
2. There is a sweet little boy we know from church. I think he has just turned three. Since we occasionally help out in the 2-3 yo nursery class, he recognizes us and talks with us. Sunday, he walked up to me and said, "Excuse me. How many keys do you have on your key ring?" *melt my heart* He said, "Excuse me." So politely. A glance at Mom's face showed me that keys are his new fascination. So, I knelt down and pulled out my key ring and we discussed my keys. Who can resist loving a conversation with such an adorable child?
3. That conversation prompted me to text his mom two photos-- the first photo is of old keys I told him I owned. And the second is of keys which the local hardware store gifted me when I went in to purchase 'the cheapest key' they had. I love my hardware/garden store. The clerk gave me all those keys to share with our little friend and invited him to come visit and he would show him how keys are made. If I wasn't already a loyal customer, this would have made me one. I can't wait to share these with C.
4. The weather has been wonderful this week. Our windows are open and I can hear the birds chirping, the quail calling and the owls hooting. I love living on the edge of a rural area. where the wildlife thrives.
5. Last but not least, it's finals week at the university. That means that The Professor is wrapping up his semester. The best part of it? It's his LAST SEMESTER! Yes, he is joining me in retirement!