1. Our week has been a bit warm, but this morning it was foggy again. June Gloom. I kinda like it.
the view from the freeway on ramp
2. It has been a recovery week here at Willow's Cottage. I have been mostly confined to the house while I wait for the swelling and bruising from my not so minor after all oral surgery to subside. According to the surgeon who checked on me in the middle of the week, I am making a great and healthy recovery despite the epic bruising.
3. This spring I planted my first calendula seeds. Evidently, my garden really really likes calendula, and I've grown some lovely healthy plants which have bloomed brilliantly. I have already picked a bunch of the flowers, and they are drying so I can use them to make some calendula oil.
4. Thursday I drove The Professor to Ventura for one of those early morning lab sessions. It was my first trip out this week other than the doctor visit, so we took advantage of the day to pick up some books from the library and take a short walk among the oaks and eucalyptus trees. I've really missed my walks!
5. May and June are purple months in Southern California. Mostly it's the jacaranda trees that dominate the color scheme. But other purple (and blue) plants and bushes bloom during this late spring season. Everywhere I turn I see the purple. It makes me smile.
Enjoy your first summer weekend (or first winter weekend if you are in the Southern Hemisphere)! Here are a couple more photos just to make you smile.
that necklace from my sweet tutoring student
and it isn't really summer unless there's a photo or two of the beach