1. Here in Southern California, we love November because the weather finally cools down. Last week the temperatures were over 100F, but this week, ah well, the weather was wonderful! Obviously, I have to count cool and foggy mornings as an example of the blessings of this week. I love the clouds over my mountains.
2. Yes, autumn even comes to SoCal. We get fall colors in small amounts.
3. Although The Professor is retired from the university, we still occasionally attend various functions. This week we enjoyed attending a class on world music history featuring Singer Chamber Players who played and gave short explanations of the periods and styles of music they played. They played samples of Baroque, Classical and Romantic music (18th and 19th Century). It was a wonderful performance!
Campus in the fall
4. Saturday I volunteered at the handweavers and spinner guild Harvest Sale, working in the area where we sell odd bunches and bits of fiber and yarn which people donate from their stashes. I bought one lovely green skein for myself and was able to take home several other balls of yarn which didn't sell. The fave? I'll have some new options to use for hats throughout the year.
5. The Professor and I have entered that stage of life where we are needing to move our health care coverage to MediCare. That's not the fave part. The Fave is that The Professor has been researching and dealing with all the changes, so I don't have to. Honestly, I don't see how people can navigate that whole system without throwing up their hands in despair and total frustration. I'm so thankful that he has been able to work out the issues with grace (and without losing his mind!).
Bonus: I just have to share this photo. A cow in a fenced paddock surrounded by oak trees and bouggainvillea bushes! It amuses me as one does not normally associate the lovely bouggainvillea with cow pastures.