1. An elderly friend was talking with me about aging gracefully and mentioned words of wisdom from someone else who stated that it is important to think about becoming better if you don't want to become bitter. I like that. #betternotbitter
2. The Professor and I took our bikes out for an excursion this week. In the past year or two, a dedicated (and protected by steel rails) bike path was built along the edge of Hwy 101 on the ocean side. We were just feet from the beach and ocean. I think I could ride this section of the trail every day! #bikinginventuracounty
Only metal fencing separating us from the beach on the left and Hwy 101 on the right.
Our view at lunch. One of the Channel Islands in the distance.
3. I dislike shopping so much that when I find a basic item like pants that fit, I buy an extra pair. This summer I bought an inexpensive pair of black yoga pants and decided to see if I could find another. Lucky me! There were not, one, not two, but three, pairs in the store. I bought them. Now I wont't have to shop for pants for a long while. #blackpants
4. One afternoon we decided to hike up to the top of the hill at the end of our neighborhood. There is an electrical company 'station' there, so the road is paved most of the way. We spooked five deer who were grazing in the area. (Can you see all five deer? Evidently, brush and cactus make excellent camouflage. ) #walkingtheneighborhood
5. I've been busy knitting hats for the local hospital's NICU. I posted a photo on facebook and two people asked for the pattern, so they can knit, too. #twentytinyhats