Well, I'm late posting my FRIDAY FAVE FIVES. It has been a crazy week and especially a crazy Thursday and Friday.
1. But first, this blessing. The Professor preached Sunday morning. There were a total of ten people in the building (and I got to be one of them). But it was on YouTube and nearly 1,000 people tuned in to listen to him talk about Heaven Is More Than a Wonderful Place. It was a blessing to hear my husband speak of something of utmost importance and from his heart.
2. AND I bought myself a pair of walking shoes on Amazon.
3. AND I bought myself a pair of black Skechers shoes, too. In a store. I've been avoiding buying these shoes for months, and my feet finally convinced me to just buy the shoes.
4. AND the baby quail are back! I happened to be standing in the back of the house and heard a quail calling. I knew she (I think) was calling the 'babies, where are you' cry. Quietly, I peeked out the open window and spied the mama quail standing guard above the broccoli patch. And YES! The baby quail were there pecking around for seeds. This new little covey is the first one we have seen for a couple of years. They are such a delight!
5. We have accepted an offer on our home! It has been a long time coming, but we are thankful that soon we will be able to move to live nearer our two daughters and three grandchildren. The next few weeks will be a bit wild, but we know this is our next step in life.