1. I am catching up on a couple of books I started awhile ago and set down. I am really enjoying The One-Page Financial Plan. The author has a great sense of humor that shows through his writing about a difficult subject: money. One of my favorite statements so far: "There isn't anyone who know what the next week, month, year, or even decade of the stock market will look like. And if an advisor or investment expert tells you they can: run."
2. I decided to post a picture a day on facebook, focusing on photos I have taken through the years. I'm enjoying wandering through my history via the photos. Today is July 3rd. Here are my 1st, 2nd and 3rd photos.
1st: happiness is... my hubby and me and our coffee.
2nd: favorite colour. It's obvious.
3rd: mirror. On the shed wall at my friend's farm.
3. This happened. The Professor said I should add it to my fave fives. He was scrolling through some movie options on the tv, and I said, "I remember that movie. We watched it. It was good." Then I added, "I remembered a movie! We should mark today on the calendar!" You see, for some reason, I simply do not remember movies. It's a family joke. Usually, I'll remember movies I've seen in a theatre, but since I didn't grow up going to movies and I didn't much care, I don't store movie trivia and data in my brain. So actually remembering a movie is a highlight of a week for me.
4. Some evenings we walk a bit earlier and so can take the trail up above our neighborhood. We love the view. I'm thankful to live (for now) in such a beautiful place.
5. I am an American. For that I am thankful. Happy Independence Day!
Enjoy your weekend! For those who are U.S. citizens, Happy Fourth of July!