Another Friday. Mid October. Fave Five.
It's my favorite day of the week. I like Fridays because I can post my
Thank you to Susanne for hosting this fave every Friday.
Here are this week's Faves from Willow's Cottage.
1. Thank you very much! We needed that. I want to express my appreciation to all of you who sent your surplus precipitation to Southern California this week. We have not had any rain for six months, and the amount you sent was perfect. Not too hard, not too little. It was just right. If you can spare any more, please share it with us!
2. Spending quality time with our family is again on the fave list for the week. We drove to San Diego for a quick visit, just two days of talking, laughing and sharing with the military branches of our family. Playing with our grandkitties is almost as much fun as playing with Our New Boy. This is Rufus, one of MamaMia's cats. He's a bundle of energy and is often quite mischievous, just like his mama was. I took several photos of him, and this is the only one in which he was sitting still, not racing about, just resting for another go around.
4. I've been knitting bunnies again. Hawthorne accompanied us to San Diego, liked the area, and decided to stay there.
3. Mediterranean climate and eighteen inches of topsoil. We are blessed to live in an area where crops can be grown year around. Most farms in our county produce not one, not two, but three crop rotations a year. My blueberry ranch friends have some ripe berries, and they are anticipating the beginning of a bountiful harvest to start in a few more weeks. Ellen and I joined Blueberry Lady on our walk one day this week, hiking up the slopes and along the rows of berries. It was a fun change in our routine, and sampling all the different varieties of blueberries was a taste sensation treat.
5. I asked The Professor to help me think of a fifth fave. It is not that I don't have several options to write about, it's that I can't choose just five! He suggested coffee, the lattes that he makes me every morning. But I don't have a recent photo of my morning coffee for the obvious reason that I savor it as I slowly wake up, and I'm never quite up to photographing that wonderful first cup while I am still half asleep. So he mentioned that we had gone to the library this afternoon. Yes, I love my library! I checked out five books, put one volume on hold, and purchased, for a total of $1.50, two more Newbery Award winners from Friends of the Library. I now own used copies of Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor (1992) and A Single Shard by Linda Sue Park (2002).
Wasn't Willow's Week wonderful? If you wish to find out how wonderful Others' Weeks have been, go to Susanne's blog and click on Mr. Linky. Have a great weekend!
Boy you sure have gotten a lot of rain. But much needed I'm sure. What a great FFF. Have a wonderful Friday :) Aloha
Your week does sound wonderful. We also received quite a bit of rain this last week. Your number 5 happened in my week too.
Latte's and the Library. Only one made it to my list but the other sure could have! They were both definitely fav's for me!
That bunny is just darling! I love both books you got at the book sale. This is a great list.
What a wonderful week at Willow's Cottage. Nothing beats quality time with family. Rufus does look like he's about to run around any minute. Temperance is elegant. I love your fifth fave - books. They are some of my all-time faves.
Hi... I'm visiting from Friday Faves...we had precipitation here too (Snow!)...love the little bunny-that is adorable. Have a nice weekend!
I heard about the rain from my son, yesterday. He's in the San Fran area. He said people freak out there a little when that much rain comes all at once and that they drive crazier.
I've been wondering about your homeschool writing class. Are you still teaching that? How's it going?
I love your library too! Glad you found a few bargains at Friends of the Library. Great photos Willow. Enjoy your weekend.
Definitely need the rain!
Your knitted bunny is absolutely adorable.
Thanks for sharing all of that and I hope you have a great weekend!
Those are some excellent favorites! I'm with you on the rain -- it was nice, and I want more :) Those blueberries look good, too; I love tasting different kinds of fruit grown locally, so yummy...
Do you think if we all asked nicely, our rain-endowed friends would share? Your week sounds very relaxing and the blueberry walk just enchanting.
I agree, Willow's Week was wonderful.
I think maybe we've gotten some of your rain ... but we got 48° to go with it!
Loved your photos as always.
Glad you got some of our rain, but we're still keeping lots of it for ourselves. Will try to send you some more soon. How nice to spend quality time with your family. It is the best, isn't it? And going to the library - that ranks VERY high on my list of favorites, too. Have a great weekend!
Your week was wonderful and tomorrow you get to go to the farmers market! If you see David, please say "Hello" from Oregon! :)
A new home for Hawthorne....perfect!! His sweater is the cutest!!
Love your list! Your daughters cats are bee-you-tiful!! So pretty and they sound so fun.
I love your knitting - your bunnies are always so sweet! I have been knitting lots and lots lately - I can't seem to get enough of it. One of these days I'm going to try a bunny.
Oh Willow, the walk in the blueberry hills looks so inviting. I will be posting a blueberry dressing shortly. I love blueberries. My little one had them on his pancakes this morning.
I'm glad to know that Charles and Charlotte have new cousins.
I will let them know shortly.
Oooh! What pretty kitties!
Oh that bunny really is very cute.
I admire anyone who can knit! That bunny is so cute.
I'd love to send you some of the rain we've been having this week!
Willows week was wonderful! The cats are so pretty and so is the bunny that you knitted. How nice to have a husband who makes you lattes in the AM. Pure luxury if you ask me!
It sure sounds like you had a wonderful Willow's week :). Wow, your speaking Bahasa Indonesia so fluently! Keluarga saya banyak yang tinggal di Bandung. Terima kasih sudah kunjungi blog saya :). I really adore your knitting skills. The results are so lovely. Have a splendid week ahead. Hugs and love from Indonesia.
Love that picture of the blueberry crop. I love blueberries and seeing them grow like that and EATING them fresh sounds like fun to me!
Glad you got the rain, we have too much wish I could send it to you.
And your bunny is just darling!
A very, very good week, Willow! So glad you finally had some rain...can almost here Nature's sigh of relief. :o) Sweetest kitties...and your bunny! I've just lately ordered a knitted bunny-doll pattern..have yet to get yarn and try it, but looking forward to it. Sorry so slow to drop by again...we've been up to our elbows in painting and wallpapering! Happy weekend, my friend ((HUGS))
My daughter has started talking about going to U.C. San Diego..oh, oh, I thought she was getting cold feet and would go to our local community college for a year. Our bank account thought that that wasn't a bad idea even though she has worked so hard in high school that we thought she'd want to go to a four-year right away.
We hardly got any of the rain...the wind, yes.
I can't believe I didn't mention your newest bunny, sooooo cute. I've discovered a new source (to me) for darling bunny clothes. The bad thing is that they're for larger bunnies.
So glad we could send you some of our precipitation. I'm just glad it didn't stay in it's solid white flaky form. :v)
Cute, cute kitties. And you know I love coffee and libraries, too!
Sounds you have had quite a week. Love the pictures of your kitties and the little knitted bunny is too cute for words!
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note. Blessings.
By the way, the trick to taking a nap (or a SNAP) is this-I don't sleep well at night!! I used to, but sleep seems to evade me in this season of life!!
Wonderful five as always Willow! Oyr bunny is well loved by my new boy :-)
You are indeed lucky to know ablueberry farmer! They are my favorites!
Looks like you had a great week. I'm happy for you that you got rain. We are about to get some more here right now so I'm sending it over.
That bunny is so very cute.
Who would have known latte's and library make fave fives for this week!
My green tea latte was from Starbucks this week. the thai iced tea is a little different from the green tea - they are both sweet but you can taste the "green tea".
Post a Comment