1. Facebook chat with a long time friend who I haven't connected with for several years. It was great to catch up with her and her family!
2. Crossing several items off my Summer To Do List already. Of course, the list is very very long and certainly over-ambitious, but nevertheless I love marking the item
3. Progress on the photograph organization. Promising myself that this summer I would truly make it a priority, I have started on the daunting task of finally sorting and organizing the years and years of family photos of which I am custodian. This week I made a good start on them. I pulled them out. I sorted. I culled. Things are looking hopeful.
4. Progress on my goal of owning all the Newbery Award books. At the local library used book store, I found three more books on my list. The current count of books I still need is FIFTEEN!
5. I broke a self imposed rule this week, and I'm really excited about it. The first email came in and stated, "Free alpaca fleeces for guild members". Although I already own way too many llama fleeces waiting in bags to be spun into beautiful yarn, I decided to just 'go over and check them out'. Ha! I knew I'd bring one home and I did. This alpaca fleece is a creamy white color and absolutely gorgeous. I haven't photographed it yet as it is still sitting in the back seat of the Honda. The Professore asked me if I was going to leave it there all summer, but I am just waiting for a day when I have enough uninterrupted hours to lay it out on an old sheet, spread it open and 'skirt' it, cleaning the short clippings and picking the 'junk' out of it. That process takes a few hours and it's easier to do if I am not stopping and starting the work over a couple of days. I've been daydreaming about what to knit when I eventually have it all cleaned, carded, and spun. A sweater? An afghan? There's enough poundage in this fleece to make several projects. It's not like I really needed more fiber, though...
6. And here is a bonus, a photo that has nothing to do with anything but which amuses me. I caught this king of the chimps sitting on top of a wooden shed in his enclosure at the San Francisco Zoo last week, regally surveying his little kingdom.
Did you mark anything off your to do list this week? Or break any rules?