1. Facebook chat with a long time friend who I haven't connected with for several years. It was great to catch up with her and her family!
2. Crossing several items off my Summer To Do List already. Of course, the list is very very long and certainly over-ambitious, but nevertheless I love marking the item
3. Progress on the photograph organization. Promising myself that this summer I would truly make it a priority, I have started on the daunting task of finally sorting and organizing the years and years of family photos of which I am custodian. This week I made a good start on them. I pulled them out. I sorted. I culled. Things are looking hopeful.
4. Progress on my goal of owning all the Newbery Award books. At the local library used book store, I found three more books on my list. The current count of books I still need is FIFTEEN!
5. I broke a self imposed rule this week, and I'm really excited about it. The first email came in and stated, "Free alpaca fleeces for guild members". Although I already own way too many llama fleeces waiting in bags to be spun into beautiful yarn, I decided to just 'go over and check them out'. Ha! I knew I'd bring one home and I did. This alpaca fleece is a creamy white color and absolutely gorgeous. I haven't photographed it yet as it is still sitting in the back seat of the Honda. The Professore asked me if I was going to leave it there all summer, but I am just waiting for a day when I have enough uninterrupted hours to lay it out on an old sheet, spread it open and 'skirt' it, cleaning the short clippings and picking the 'junk' out of it. That process takes a few hours and it's easier to do if I am not stopping and starting the work over a couple of days. I've been daydreaming about what to knit when I eventually have it all cleaned, carded, and spun. A sweater? An afghan? There's enough poundage in this fleece to make several projects. It's not like I really needed more fiber, though...
6. And here is a bonus, a photo that has nothing to do with anything but which amuses me. I caught this king of the chimps sitting on top of a wooden shed in his enclosure at the San Francisco Zoo last week, regally surveying his little kingdom.
Did you mark anything off your to do list this week? Or break any rules?
Hi, Willow! Alpaca fleeces... *swoon*... I just love knitting with alpaca fiber. And those alpaca are such cute critters! Lots of list-making here too. Our summer will be a mix of fun, but also a lot of practical things around the house & garden that need doing/fixing. Some weekend outings, picnics & such will temper all the work needs doing. ;o) Happy Summer Days, my friend ((HUGS))
I wonder how many people FB has connected. What an amazing tool for relationships! Glad you found time to chat with your long-time friend. And that you’re already crossing things off your to do list. I love being able to do that too.
Good for you in progressing on the photographs. Groan—I SO need to do that too. Maybe next summer?
Love the chimp pic!!!
FB has been so good for getting back in touch with folks like that.
I probably ought to make a summer to-do list -- it does give me more direction and motivation than just a vague hoping to get around to some things and letting the days slip by.
One of those things is photo organization! I so need to do that as well.
The king of chimps made me smile.
Connecting with an old friend sounds like it was lots of fun. I've yet to give Facebook a try.
That fiber sounds lovely. I love creamy white.
Oh I do miss that Friends of the Library store! It's the best...
Glad you are getting to cross stuff off...
Love that feeling of accomplishment -- glad you are getting your list bit by bit. The photos project sounds huge, but it sounds like you got a really good start.
i tossed some paper into recycling, and weeded every day, and fought off a cold.
also read a book a day and downloaded enough for another month or so.
and i won a prize on publisher's clearing house- now if only i'd set that as my only goal i'd be done with my summer list.
That IS a funny picture! I'm with you -- it's great to mark things off your list and summer is my time to do that.
Hope you have a great week ahead.
Your summer is going great, it sounds, with several items checked off, and the photo project under way. And new books, new wool... what could be better?
Have a great week!
Sounds like you are having a great summer already! books, fiber, checks on your to-do list, connecting with a friend...
I love going through photos, recalling the special moments and the everyday moments - they are like stopping time. That is something I need to take more time with as well. digital photos mean there are so many more little moments captured - and more photos to organize.
I had a friend who had sheep and spun her own wool for knitting and crocheting. I have always thought that would be such a cool thing to do. And, alpaca would be so cool as well.
Oh yes - I have a very long to-do list with our son's wedding that will be celebrated here on Aug 13. It's really inspiring- not ony for things around the house but also exercise and healthy eating.
I'll have to check your posts on the Newbery books. I have quite a few but not them all.
I did the photo organization a couple of winters ago. I bought some pretty photo boxes at Winners and sorted them all by subject and places where we lived. it was a big project and I'm very glad to have it done. Now I have tons of pictures on my computer and external hard-drive that need the same work!
Your ape picture is too cute!!
Happy weekend Willow!
I know those chimps well, we try to go to the zoo on free days for SF residents and the chimps are one of my favorite things to watch. They dress up and use sheets, really amusing to watch.
And yes, a slow week is wonderful!
Sounds like a good week! Im constantly organising our photos as i take so many. I havent printed any off for over a year though so must do that soon (the expense is holding it off!) as i like to have photo albums rather than just files on the computer. I absolutely love sitting down flicking through photos and Little D has always got the albums out too!
Hi there Willow! Love the cute pic of the chimp. Isn't it lovely when you come across old friends and have time to catch up. Sounds like your house may be a little like ours......books all over!!!!! Have a good week. Ros
The monkey made me laugh!
I am so glad your week was full of nice (and productive) things. You must be quite proud of your book collection!
Photographs and lists, so satisfying to cross them out.
I knew you wouldn't say no to alpaca wool! We just took my Mom to the Landis Valley Museum which is all about late 1700- early 1800 life in Lancaster, PA and saw a demonstration on spinning flax and I thought of you! I told the lady how you spun dog hair!! I have a closet full of photographs that I really need to organize... maybe this summer? Good luck with yours!
Happy first day of summer! I also have a long, neverending list of things that need to be done ...organizing photos is also a big one!
Hey, Willow, my aunt and uncle have lived in CV for nearly 30 yrs. I wonder if they know your kids! They attend Paseo Del Rey church which is just a few blocks from their home. Small world indeed.
Ooh, alpaca! I'm going to track your cleaning steps carefully, as I have an alpaca fleece of my own (black) tucked away for processing (someday...). Meanwhile, my office is packed - that's a huge one off my to-do list, and it feels good :)
Once you have all the Newbery books, then you can start collect the real good books-the Caldecotts illustration winners. As a childrens librarian,I always enjoyed those much more...and so did the kids.
Post a Comment