This has been a quiet week. I like quiet weeks. During quiet weeks, life slows enough that small and amusing things can catch my attention.
1. Although our time was limited, The Professor and I spent a pleasant half hour walking through the California natives garden and oak tree woodland at Descanso Gardens in LaCanada-Flintridge. You can scroll down or click on this link to see photos of those magnificent oak trees.
2. Descending the hill toward the exit, we noticed an unusual sight in the tall trees. Do you see it?
A closer view...
A fearless tree trimmer
3. One morning I heard the distinct calling of quail. Regularly, coveys of quail trail through our garden hunting and pecking for seeds. This covey was congregated in our driveway. As I maneuvered quietly out the door to catch a photo of them, of course I spooked them, and they scattered. Quail amuse me.
4. The week wouldn't be complete for me unless I had knitted something. This week, I made more hats.
5. Outside the building where I teach three classes on Thursdays, there is a butterfly garden. Between classes, I walked outside and found several children clustered around one of the beds. They had discovered dozens of caterpillars chewing and chomping on the plants provided for their enjoyment. Next week, we can expect to see many chrysalises (chrysali?) dangling from the stems of the bushes and then the week after, there will be butterflies!
Just five faves from my quiet week that make me happy.
Has any little thing caught your attention and made you smile?