1. On Saturday, The Professor had to be at the university for meetings regarding the upcoming performance for which he is doing the lighting tech design. I tagged along. My first stop was the library to look for a book in the children's library section (they didn't have it). While I waited, I sat in the sunshine and corrected papers.
The view from the front entrance
Then when he was finished, we decided to take our Saturday walk around the campus which includes a small residential community called University Glen. The weather was perfect for walking--light jacket wearing weather and the sun was shining.
Looking back toward University Glen
Native flora blooming because it rained in January
The busy bees are happy
Our first pussy willows
I was surprised to see that the giant coreopsis is blooming. A quick check through my photo files shows that other years it has bloomed in March.
2. A beach walk with these little guys for company. They weren't much interested in me since their entire attention was taken with playing tag with the waves.
3. I am not a big Valentine's Day fan because both of my parents passed away in the days before the fourteenth. But this year I chose to focus not on the sadness that Valentine's week brings to me but on the blessings I can associate with the day. The most important one is that Valentine's Day is the birthday of my wonderful daughter-in-law. She is a jewel and my son is definitely blessed. Wishing her a Happy Birthday makes the sad thoughts disappear.
4. I have the most adorable students! They often come in to class carrying little gifts. Cupcakes, candies and even flowers. But the best are the notes that accompany the pressies. My favorite was written by a very quiet student who struggles with writing. In her note, she assured me that she is learning a lot about those paragraphs :)
5. Of course the best Valentine's gift is my husband. I do adore him. I appreciate that he works hard and takes on extra jobs to bring in a bit more financial security. He makes me a latte every morning. He helps with the laundry and cleaning. He cooks. Love that man not just for what he does but mostly for who he is.
Knitting Bonus: six hats knitted this week to be added to the growing pile of goodies which will be for sale at a boutique in March.
Onward we go into Spring! Let's look for the blessings in each week, each season. Linking to Susanne's Friday Fave Fives. (note: my laptop is literally, physically falling apart--long story involving a little accident a year ago-- so if I am not present much right now online, that's the reason. I think I'm getting a new one soon)